Rimsky Korsakov String Quartet in F

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

nch13
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Rimsky Korsakov String Quartet in F

Post by nch13 »

Dear all,

I am new in this forum and as a musician (violist), I find it extremely useful and great, so I wish to thank all the contributors for their work.

I am searching for the String Quartet No. 1 in F Major Op. 12 by N.A. Rimsky-Korsakov as I find this work interesting I would be very happy if someone could post the instrumental parts. This work seems to be extremely rare and I will be very grateful to people who can help me to find it.

Thanks a lot !

Nicolas
Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Lyle Neff »

According to Grove Online, that quartet was composed in 1875 and published around that time in Moscow. It is included in v. 27 of the Soviet "complete" works edition, so if someone has access to that (or the Belwin-Mills reprint), that's probably the best possibility.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
nch13
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by nch13 »

Thanks very much Lyle.

In fact, I found that this "complete works" reprinted edition is in libraries such as the National Library of Australia and the Württembergischen Landesbibliothek in Stuttgart (just searched on google).

The NLA has a good service of direct copy and they can make scans for a low cost. Maybe it's the easiest way to collect this opus and I will inquire about this possibility.

But if someone knows other locations of this work or has access to it, the information is very welcome.
Thanks.

Nicolas
adeadsniper
regular poster

Post by adeadsniper »

yes! another violist on the network!

i am a violist too and i focus on music with my string quartet more than anything else. would you happen to be a quartet violist too?
Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Lyle Neff »

Score and parts of Op. 12 (1875) are now available; same with the G-major quartet of 1897.

See http://imslp.org/wiki/String_Quartet_in ... Nikolai%29

and

http://imslp.org/wiki/String_Quartet_in ... Nikolai%29
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)