Spohr, 4th Clarinet Concerto

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Spohr, 4th Clarinet Concerto

Post by steltz »

Would anyone have a full score to Spohr's 4th Clarinet Concerto?
bsteltz
simplicissimus
regular poster

Re: Spohr, 4th Clarinet Concerto

Post by simplicissimus »

Just wanted to create the same topic, but I would like to see the 2nd and the 3rd concertos as well...
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

steltz wrote:Would anyone have a full score to Spohr's 4th Clarinet Concerto?
I don't - there is a copy at ÖNB (Austria's national library) in a modern full score edited by Heinrich Genser ("Klarinettenkonzert 4 e-moll 1828/29. Nach Autographen und Erstausgaben. Vorgelegt von Heinrich Genser.") published by Schneider in Tutzing in 1976. (5th Part of the series "Spohr: Neue Auswahl der Werke." Not very useful, I suspect, for upload to IMSLP though more useful for other purposes.)
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

I did, eventually get to look at an orchestral score -- it was under copyright because it had been "reconstructed". It probably was the Genser you mention. Anyway, I didn't copy it because it was under copyright.

I hadn't been aware that this concerto was unfinished at Spohr's death, so I'm not sure what the reconstruction is all about, but the bottom line is that it seems there is only one edition, and it's not PD.

But thanks for the info anyway.

:-(
bsteltz
dranchg

Post by dranchg »

Despite the fact that the Concerto No.4 has been reconstructed, is it possible that anyone has a set of parts that they own, and may be able to make available to me? The reason is, I wish to perform this work as a soloist with a Romanian orchestra this Fall 2012, but this orchestra has no money to pay for rental fees, and their fee to me only covers one-third of my travel expenses. Nonetheless, because of my great love for this work, I am trying to obtain a set of parts to bring despite the fact that they will not cover this expense.

Would anyone have any suggestions on how best to proceed? Thanks.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

I'm sorry to say this, but you may have to choose a different concerto. I have been looking for PD parts for this for the better part of two years now, and have found nothing. I would even be happy to typeset from manuscript parts, but there just seems to be nothing. Sorry.
bsteltz