Convert Finale Krommer to PDF

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

allegroamabile
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Convert Finale Krommer to PDF

Post by allegroamabile »

If anyone has finale and can convert pdf files, could you be kind enough to go to Oliver Seely's Mostly Clarinet Page website and download, convert, and upload to IMSLP Franz Krommer's Clarinet Quintet (try to get individual parts too). I will also try to upload an audio file of me playing it.

Whoever does this is a SAINT!!!
Last edited by allegroamabile on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
audunsj
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Please Do Favor

Post by audunsj »

I think you have the possibility to print from the finale notepad (or what it is called; the free version). Download a pdf printer if you don't have any (PDF creator is a good alternative) and voilá you can convert them yourself...
kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by kalliwoda »

Done (score)
:D

But I am not sure if IMSLP should accept such typesets directly from midi-input - I cringe if I have to play trills from two full lines of 32th, and can recognise turns and grace notes only when I compare to the source...,
By the way, if you are based in Houston, University of Houston has the 1974 Musica rara edition according to worldcat...
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

Absolutely not. I can think of nothing more horrifying and musically offensive than a score generated from a recognized MIDI file.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

@ allegroamabile: Please change your thread title to something more descriptive.
Melodia
active poster

Post by Melodia »

daphnis wrote:Absolutely not. I can think of nothing more horrifying and musically offensive than a score generated from a recognized MIDI file.
Well there's nothing wrong with it, as a starting point. It' just needs work to make it look nice.
(This is of course providing the MIDI file is quantized and such correctly)
allegroamabile
active poster

Post by allegroamabile »

ouch, daphnis

It seems like there is a lot of "midi" generated pdf files here anyways.

I will look into that score at the U of H library.

thanks for all who helped
Last edited by allegroamabile on Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Convert Finale Krommer to PDF

Post by daphnis »

I was speaking more of MIDI files fed directly into *insert_notation_program* and spat back out as PDFs with no tweaking.