What Makes You Appreciate Music?

Moderator: kcleung

allegroamabile
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

What Makes You Appreciate Music?

Post by allegroamabile »

I would like to start a survey asking people what makes them like the music they like. What causes you to admire the pieces you love and what do you think about when you are listening to music?

Take deep consideration of every person's responce, because you could discover a way to appreciate the music you listen to even more.

Regards
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: What Makes You Appreciate Music?

Post by Yagan Kiely »

what do you think about when you are listening to music?
Lately I don't really listen as much without an iPod in transport. The exception being, when I am composing. I listen to similar music, or similar approaches to the music as what I am writing.

When I am listening, I tend to spend a lot of time analysing the themes and how they react and with other themes.
what makes them like the music they like. What causes you to admire the pieces you love and what do you think about when you are listening to music?
Way too difficult to answer here. Put it this way, I enjoy Hildegard of Bingen, Palestrina, Monteverdi, Vivaldi, Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Wagner, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Mahler, Strauss, Debussy, Ravel, Prokofiev, Bartok, Shostakovich, Ives Stravinsky, Barber, Messiaen, Berg, (John) Williams, etc. so I like/admire/love a lot of very different things.