General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

jroyal
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

HELP! EVIL AUTO-TAGGING!

Post by jroyal »

:x
....I wanted to upload a song I wrote on to IMSLP, because i need feedback on what people think I am doing correctly, and what people think I am doing incorrectly. But, when I tried to create the page for the song (before I could upload the sheet music), the page was auto-tagged. Because the copyright laws state that if I am not dead, I can post my own work. SO I clicked on the link that said something like 'click here to undo auto-tagging.' After I clicked on the link, it brought me to a page that said what the reason are that the piece was auto-tagged. I suspect that it the one that states something similar to 'the composer must be dead, and have this much time pass afterwards before their work can be put here.'

Is there any way to 'bypass' this so I can get feed back on my (not so good) work?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :D

JR
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: HELP! EVIL AUTO-TAGGING!

Post by Carolus »

It's easy. Just insert <!--noautotag--> at the top of the page.
jroyal

Post by jroyal »

Is it seriously that easy? I must have read the 'Stop Auto-Tagging' page for 15 min. and I couldn't find it....
Thanks a bunch,
JR
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Yes, it's that easy. Don't forget to include the little brackets < > as part of the tag. Someone tried to put it in the other day without them and it naturally didn't work.